FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The images taken belong to Hector. By giving you a print release, he is giving you permission to print these images anywhere you would like for personal use.o add a new question go to app settings and press
If you cancel before the wedding date, we will retain the down payment (because we are turning away other possible bookings). If you cancel within 30 days of the wedding date, the full balance is due. If you are able to find a replacement wedding, we will refund everything. We do however recommend wedding insurance that will take care of situations like these.
We require 30% up front and the rest 30 days before the wedding. You can pay monthly before the wedding but we do not offer anything after the wedding.
Hector will never leave without saying good-bye and giving you the option for him to stay longer. If asked to stay another fifteen minutes or less, he probably won't say anything. Longer than that will be charged. You must understand that a wedding is grueling. He carries around almost 20lbs of equipment on his back and he does not stop running, crawling, hanging and dragging for 8 hours straight or more.
Not if the wedding takes place in the Los Angeles, Area within a 60 mile radius
Hector always brings an assistant to help him. The assistant may take some photos for practicing purposes, but the images will never be included in Hector' work and the sole purpose of the assistant is to aid Hector. A second photographer or "shooter" is included in some packages, but can also be added to other packages that do not contain this service. The sole purpose of a second shooter is to obtain secondary angles of the event.
Hector will guide you through the artistic posed images and tell you what to do. Of course if you get into the spirit of the moment, you can also add in your own fun expression.
We always request a list of family group shots prior to the wedding and one or two special requests. For the rest, if you hire Hector it is because you trust his vision and you know that he will probably come up with some new cool angles. You have to understand that he is focused on YOU. If he has to consult a list of photos, then he will most probably miss great shots because he is looking down at a list instead of paying attention to you. Having said that, he always tries to accommodate the best he can. It is your special day and he wants you to be happy.
This means that once Hector starts working, travel time is included in the contracted coverage time. For example, if you hire him for eight hours and move to three different locations (getting ready, ceremony, and reception), the travel time between these venues is included in the eight hours of coverage.
For an eight hour wedding, around 600 to 900 depending on the circumstances (the presence of a second shooter increases this amount).
He delivers all images in color and additionally adds his favorites in black and white.
Anywhere between 4 to 6 weeks depending on the season. He has never gone past 6 weeks.
They are identical.
All images are in high resolution and contain no watermarks.
It is important for the couple and the photographer to find a good fit. Here are some suggestions as you look through different portfolios.
- Find the images that make your heart beat a little faster and cause a reaction deep down inside. If you are not well versed in photography style terminology (photojournalism, fine art, editorial, artistic, etc), search for the images that move you and tell a story. Request real wedding samples so you can see a variety. Make sure the photographer is able to cover all aspects of a wedding such as getting ready, details, ceremony, posed group shots, reception and party time. Look at the different lighting as the day progresses. Look at color and composition. Are the images focused? Are they clear and crisp regardless of the style?
- Meet with the photographer and see what his personality is like. Do you feel a connection or does it feel awkward? Does he inspire confidence in his abilities? Does he show the personality traits that you are looking for? Does he listen? Ask lots of questions.
- Check online reviews. If there are negative reviews, take the time to see if the photographer has answered and if so, if they give their side of the story in a calm and professional manner while stating the facts. Weddings are fast-paced events and complications can arise.
- Trust your wedding planner's suggestions. They have worked with the individual before and are familiar with the photographer's professionalism, technical expertise, personality and trustworthiness.
- If you still cannot decide, perhaps check if the photographer has reputable photography awards. This is usually an indication that he/she is technically good.
That is mostly up to you. If his images evoke strong emotions, then we are probably a match made in heaven. One thing you will notice about Hector is that he is passionate about photography and it shows in his work. Regarding technical expertise, he has been recognized several times at international level.
He lovingly edits all images and this includes color and light correction, framing, and composition. He will also choose his favorites and give them extra artistic love. He does NOT outsource his editing.